Thursday, July 05, 2007

Eight random facts

Brdpics' Schmoker tagged me with the Eight Random Facts meme. Here are the rules of the meme:

- Players write a post with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- At the end of that post, they "tag" eight bloggers to write similar posts, including the rules.
- The players then leave a comment to tell the "tag-gees" about the meme.

So, here we go:

1) These days, Black Holes & Revelations by Muse is getting serious rotation in the CD players in my car and office. "Supermassive Black Hole" makes me moooove.

2) I worked as summer camp and outdoor education counselor during high school and college at Camp Stevens, just outside of Julian, Calif. It provided a fantastic intro to the delights of nature.

3) One of the reasons I love summer is the arrival of the county fair -- and the deep-fried Snickers and the scream-inducing rides (not partaken in that order, however).


4) When stressed out, my voice sometimes changes to a Southern drawl. I don't know where it comes from but like to blame my parents' Midwestern (southern Indiana) and Southern (Arkansas) roots.

5) I consider the desert a starkly beautiful place. I've been spending time there since childhood -- initially to camp and ride motorcycles, now to bird and take photos.


6) Romance novels provide the perfect escape from deadline stress. Favorite authors include Susan Andersen, Amanda Quick, Suzanne Brockman, Katie MacAllister, J.R. Ward and ... oh, the list goes on and on.

7) I've made some good friends via MySpace, which has been a pleasant surprise.

8) Five years ago, I drove from Southern California to Atlanta and back by myself in a 30-year-old car... just for fun. The throttle linkage broke on the first night, but a plastic zip tie and a little heel-toe coordination kept the car functional for two weeks.


Hmmm... now for the tag-gees...
Mike
Rick
Tai Haku
John
Leigh
Sheri and Tom
John
Clare

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Bisbee Border Birder Bloggers said...

Muse rocks! A kinda Prince/Cure vibe. Nice.

And we accepted your challenge:

Eight RandomFacts

July 07, 2007 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home