Monday, November 14, 2005

In transit

Now that I've had the pleasure of attending the Rio Grande Valley Birding Festival in Harlingen, Texas, for the first time, I also get to sample the Space Coast Birding & Wildlife Festival in Titusville, Fla., for the first time. In its ninth incarnation, Space Coast often is named one of the best festivals in the country. (Can you name the bird in the logo?)

This year's program includes a mind-boggling number of options: field trips, workshops, seminars, photography demonstrations, paddling trips, keynotes and an exhibitor hall with equipment and photography for sale. Oh--the exhibitor hall features a booth with a massage therapist; why don't more festivals include that service? What an excellent idea!

I signed up for a field trip each day between Nov. 16-20, including Wednesday's pelagic, which has a history of being cancelled. I'm crossing my fingers that it goes out this year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home