Monday, April 23, 2007

Good Birders Don't Wear White

Today marks the release of this book, to which it was my unexpected pleasure to contribute. I'm honored to appear in the company of these birders, many of whom have served as mentors and inspirations.

The Booklist review says
This collection of essays, by 50 contributors (David Allen Sibley and Don and Lillian Stokes are probably the most well-known), supplies 50 tips for bird-watching, and here are a few: take field notes, hug your tour leader, think like a migrating bird, linger even after you have listed a bird, play fair when sharing a scope, go birding in bad weather, go birding with kids, learn birdssongs, and keep your binoculars clean. Experienced bird-watchers will be familiar with most of these tips, but the book is a delight to read and will generate new enthusiasm for the hobby. The 25 black-and-white line drawings are hilarious.
Why did I highlight that tip? That's the name of my essay!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

How exciting, Amy! Congrats. I've got my copy and am looking forward to reading your piece.

April 23, 2007 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home