Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Autumn Weekend: Sunday

The morning's long-awaited, dry, sunny weather meant that everyone explored outdoors, making for a very quiet convention hall. In turn, the lower traffic flow through the entrance and exit doors meant more time to chat with WildBird readers and contributors, birders and colleagues. I really enjoy that aspect of Autumn Weekend -- the chance to gab about birds and anything under the sun with fun, friendly folks.

The Bird Show ended at 3 p.m., and my simple booth allowed for a quick wrap-up to another delightful event. A nap in the hotel room felt delicious.

One of my favorite parts of the day: seeing the sky ablaze after the sun set.



Birdchick and I enjoyed another filling, tasty meal with colleagues at Gecko's. Paul Lehman recommends the Navajo fry bread, and I heartily recommend the grilled veggie burrito with peanut mole (it's big enough for two meals).

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home