Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Black Phoebe delight

These Western birds often visit the trees, shrubs, plants and signposts around my home and the office. This morning, one of them called so loudly that it put a huge grin on my face.

See, I was barreling toward the office because it's deadline day times two. Our small team is finishing (or "shipping") two magazines today.

As my old sports car made a speedy left turn and Muse spilled from the stereo speakers, I heard -- through the open window -- that Black Phoebe calling from the trees on my left. I get a kick that the bird's volume overrode the car's engine and "Supermassive Black Hole."

You go, birdie. Crank it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger dguzman said...

What kind of "old sports car" do you have?

December 07, 2007 7:57 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

My daily driver is a 1972 BMW 2002. I've had her for almost 12 years.

December 07, 2007 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home