Monday, November 03, 2008

Bird tidings!

The hummingbirds chittered and buzzed in my back yard this morning as I got ready to come to the office. Black Phoebes chipped and dove from the telephone wires during my little walk from the patio door to the garage. Those sounds and sights make me smile as I get ready for a busy day in front of computers.

Today through Wednesday night, I'm on deadline for the January/February 2009 issue. Readers will find new sections and writers in the first issue of the new year. (Yes, the timing throws me off, too.)

Thursday morning, I get to fly to Harlingen, Texas, for the Rio Grande Valley Birding Festival. It'll be my fourth year to enjoy the local birds, birders and cuisine. (Yes, the authentic Mexican food is a definite draw.) Posts from previous festivals appear in the November 2005, 2006 and 2007 archives.

At this year's festival, for the first time, birding bloggers will convene on Friday and gab about online publishing. Birdchick has the details. I'm looking forward to putting handshakes to handles.

Happy Monday!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home