Wednesday, August 19, 2009

South Padre Island Birding & Nature Center

Need another reason to visit south Texas? Consider the grand opening of South Padre Island Birding & Nature Center in late September.

Scheduled for 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 26, the grand opening -- delayed by Hurricane Dolly's arrival last July -- will include nature interpreters along the boardwalks and inside the center. The Nature Store also will be open.

At the link above, you can sign up for the center's e-newsletter, see a copy of its bird list and learn more about the facility, which includes a five-story observation tower, an auditorium and an eBird Trail Tracker.

The South Padre Island center's opening celebrates the completion of the nine World Birding Centers. Their locations range from Roma to Hidalgo to Brownsville.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kyle said...

Glad to hear the SPI center is finally ready for business. (I guess it's pretty sad that I have to find out about a place in my own home state from someone on the other side of the country, but I know I can always count on you and WildBird to get the latest news on such things. Thanks, Amy!)

Now all I have to do is find a time when I can make the 7-8 hour drive down the coast to visit South Padre in person!

August 19, 2009 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home