First Friday fiction contest returns!
Bev earned top honors twice -- and you can see why here and here -- as did Clare Kines of The House and Other Arctic Musings (his winning stories appear here and here).
Here's how First Friday works:
* You write a 500-word piece of fiction.
* The story includes four elements: a setting, a character or characters, a conflict and a resolution.
* It deals with birds, birders and/or birding.
* The story does not anthropomorphize birds.
* You send your wordsmithery to wildbirdATbowtieinc.com before 5 p.m. PST on the first Thursday of the month, and you include your mailing address.
* I post the winning entry on Friday.
* The winner receives a recently published birding book.
With two or more entries on Thursday, we'll have a contest and a winner. I hope that you'll participate and share the news! Good luck!