Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Answering the call

The Call of the Ivory-billed Woodpecker Celebration will begin tomorrow. My flight to Little Rock should land about 9:15 a.m., allowing ample time to amble east on Highway 70 toward Brinkley before the mayor makes his welcoming remarks.

I'm looking forward to seeing familiar faces--Pete Dunne, Stephen Ingraham, Jeff Bouton, Sharon Stiteler, Bobby Harrison and Tim Gallagher--and meeting other folks on the presenters schedule.

This being my first visit to the Natural State, my anticipation about new sites and birds is high. If technology is my friend, I'll post many dispatches from the Delta.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

have a safe trip, sounds very fun. i've never been to arkansas, post a pic or two!

February 23, 2006 12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great trip! My dad is from Arkansas, so we used to vacation in the Ozarks (NW---not where you were at all) pretty regularly at my uncle's cabin. Can't wait to hear more about your visit.

-shelly the Texan!

February 28, 2006 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home