Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Autumn Weekend: Cape May Point State Park

After driving into Cape May on Lafayette Street, I continued south on Sunset Boulevard toward the Point. Stepping out of the car, I immediately felt why everyone was bundled with scarves, hats, gloves and thick jackets. The brisk wind felt really refreshing to someone who'd spent the night in a tin can.


The hawkwatch platform sits on the north side of the parking lot. 2006 marks the 30th year of a staffed hawk watch at this site.


The hawk counters post the running tallies on this board for everyone's perusal.


During my brief sit on one of the platform's benches, I enjoyed the big Turkey Vulture kettles very much. The Broad-winged Hawks, Cooper's Hawks and Red-tailed Hawks also made me smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home