Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Autumn Weekend: Monday

Although the festivities officially ended on Sunday, some of us remained in Cape May on Monday morning. I was lured to the hawkwatch platform (the green circle) at Cape May Point State Park to see the sunrise. (As always, click on an image to see a larger version.)


Despite the cold (yes, I am a weather wuss), I loved being there and seeing the sky come alive as the sun slowly rose behind the clouds to the east. The 90 minutes at the platform with fun birders -- and, of course, neat birds like Northern Harriers and low-flying Cooper's Hawks -- kept me happy through the morning/afternoon/evening of travel west to Orange County.




Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger LauraHinNJ said...

It was great seeing you again, Amy! Too bad you're cooped up in that booth so much of the time - glad you got to see a nice Cape May sunrise anyway.

October 31, 2007 7:53 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Likewise, Laura! I hope we can gab in person before next October (maybe during World Series in May?).

November 01, 2007 8:59 AM  
Blogger LauraHinNJ said...

You do world series in Cape May? Hmmm... I'd have to miss my usual date with the Sandy Hook team, but it sounds like a fun idea!

November 03, 2007 4:48 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I get to play corporate cheerleader for a sponsored team but don't compete on a team myself.

It was during a World Series that Jeff B. and Ben L. introduced me to the fun of a Big Day -- although, we did only 16 hours and called it a Gran De.

November 03, 2007 4:51 PM  
Blogger dguzman said...

Wow, great photos! Glad you got some outside/birding time in, after being in the booth forever.

November 05, 2007 12:39 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks, Delia! It felt goood to be outdoors.

November 05, 2007 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home