Monday, December 10, 2007

Detailed info about albatross

At the National Geographic website, you'll find "On the Wings of the Albatross," which offers a plethora of wonderful details. From the extended article by Carl Safina to the photo gallery with images available for purchase for $20 to the humorous "Growing Up Albatross" photo essay of molting chicks to the field notes from Carl Safina and photographer Frans Lanting, the site provides a sumptuous buffet of seabird information. Pull up a chair, and dig in!

3 Comments:

Blogger dguzman said...

what a streamlined and beautiful bird.

December 11, 2007 1:42 PM  
Blogger Con Daily said...

When I passed this issue of National Geo to my husband (I got it first this time) I told him my favorite article was the one on the albatross. I'm happy to see it recommended here! It's fascinating.

December 14, 2007 7:25 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

NatGeo did such a fabulous job with its online offerings that augment the print article. I always wanted to work there (c:

December 17, 2007 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home