Friday, June 20, 2008

Ghostly birds at the beach

During the drive north on Pacific Coast Highway this morning, a wall of fog stood past Superior Avenue and Cappy's Cafe. The fog completely erased the sunshine that lit my apartment just two miles away.

As my car crossed the channel where the Santa Ana River flows into the ocean, two Black Skimmers flew low over PCH. A smile lit up my face. Those birds are so cool.


My 30-minute walk on the damp sand didn't reveal many birds other than the usual gull gang. I had the place mostly to myself, soaking up this scene.



Maybe the next scavenger hunt -- because that's what birding walks are, right? -- will reveal more avian prizes. Good luck with your hunts this weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Cool video Amy. It's so unlike any view I could find here in Minnesota. It would be nice to see that stretch of beach feel like I had it to myself for a while.

June 20, 2008 12:41 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Glad you liked it, Lynne. Perhaps more beach videos will appear this summer.

June 20, 2008 12:46 PM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

I hopped over from KatDoc's blog. I'm glad I found you and look forward to reading your archives this evening. Nice video.

June 20, 2008 12:58 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thank you for the kind words. Happy reading!

June 20, 2008 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home