Thursday, September 04, 2008

Award-winning bird photos!

While the 16 winning bird photographs appear on pages 42 to 53 of the September/October issue, they also appear online at WildBirdmagazine.com. You'll find them here.

This year's grand prize was a Canon EOS 40D. Don't you want to see who won it?

Feel free to leave a comment on this post, saying which bird photo(s) you like best!

You'll find details about the 2009 photo contest in the March/April and May/June issues. Start shooting now!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger tai haku said...

The burrowing owl photo in the amateur section is perfect plus it has zany greetings card sales written all over it.

There are some wonderful shots throughout though.

September 04, 2008 10:49 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Yes, I've seen a few BUOW photos on I Can Has Cheezburger (c:

September 04, 2008 4:51 PM  
Blogger Mary C said...

Amy, I'm sure glad I didn't have to be a judge! I think my most favorite was the flight category of the osprey. Second fav was the flight category of the two hummers. Runners up I choose the Nuttall's (Backyard) and the Cedar Waxwing (Amateur). They were all great photos.

September 05, 2008 11:12 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Yep, the Osprey definitely ranks highly in my book. It might be my favorite.

Judging the 1,000+ entries is such a challenge -- but a welcome one!

September 06, 2008 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home