Friday, February 10, 2006

SHOT Show 3

File this under Sights You’ll Probably Never See at a Bird Festival.

a mechanized, talking dog

a “booth babe” named Christina who signs posters while wearing a corset and white leather chaps. She admits to developing a soft spot for rubber ducks after her boyfriend gave her a really cute one.



a vehicle parked inside the festival’s vendor area

a camouflage Harley-Davidson Sportster. I know some guys who'd like to get their hands on one of these.



a rubber duck and a grouse in the same tree


camouflage children’s attire in all variations and sizes, even onesies for the newborns





camo bedding


I really enjoyed my first peek into the shooting and hunting world. The day proved to be informative and entertaining. I don’t, however, mean to poke fun at that world by sharing these images, because I do respect the vast amount of money that hunters contribute to habitat conservation. Birders wouldn’t have access to as many locations if not for hunters' financial contributions.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie Zickefoose said...

Hmm. Bill didn't say ANYTHING about corsets and chaps at the SHOT show. Wonder what else I'm missing?

February 13, 2006 5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I know some guys who'd like to get their hands on one of these."

You surely do. ;)

February 24, 2006 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home