Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I got to see Pete Dunne the other day...

while browsing the Bonneville Dam gift shop on Bradford Island in the Columbia River.

While pleased to see an interpretive sign that included birds, I was a wee bit perturbed to see that the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers included "seagulls" (lower left corner). They're "gulls," just "gulls."

My only other bird sighting for the day happened as my friend and I walked into the dining room at the Lyle Hotel. Quoth the raven: "Eat the steak."

5 Comments:

Blogger birdchick said...

The only thing that bothers me about that Bird Fandex in the top photo is that the front piece has a painted bunting on it, but it never mentions or has a page about painted buntings on the inside.

That drives me nuts.

October 10, 2006 2:58 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hunh. That doesn't seem quite right.

October 10, 2006 3:16 PM  
Blogger Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

"Eat the steak.... never more".

October 10, 2006 7:28 PM  
Blogger LauraHinNJ said...

I got to see Pete Dunne the other day too.

Mortifying!

October 11, 2006 6:06 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Rather than "mortifying," how about "unforgettable"? ;)

October 11, 2006 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home