Thursday, December 21, 2006

Evergreen gift ideas

Do you know a friend or relative who goes to national wildlife refuges? Buy a $15 conservation stamp (aka Federal Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamp) for him/her, and provide free access to refuges between July 1 and June 30 while supporting habitat conservation.

How about a friend or relative who goes to national parks? Purchase a $50 National Parks Pass that allows access for one year after the first use in a park. The site says, "More than 80% of the proceeds from the sales of National Parks Passes go directly into supporting priority projects in national parks."

For $15 more, a Golden Eagle sticker on a national parks pass allows free access to the parks as well as sites managed by U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, U.S. Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management.

Do friends and relatives ever visit state parks? For a directory of state park entrance passes, visit this site. It provides hyperlinks or phone numbers.


Blogger hoon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 15, 2009 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home