Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Just peeking in

Simultaneous deadlines and a weekend business trip make for fun times. (Yes, that was vaguely sarcastic.)

Catching up with e-mail revealed a newspaper article with this second graf:
I like to think of myself more as a virile, sexy birder, the kind of birder who works out and has to beat off bird-loving chicks with a stick. A scotch-swilling, bare-knuckle kind of birder. Sort of a cross between Ernest Hemingway and John James Audobon. In any event, I do find these little creatures endlessly fascinating.
How could I not continue reading? And where can I find birders like that?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

If I were a birder, and single, this is EXACTLY what I would be looking for!

January 16, 2008 12:33 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

I was thinking a little more about this entry and the thought came to be that this is what he would like to think of himself as, but what is he really like?

I would like to think of myself as a statuesque, leggy brunette with zest for life, the kind that can eat whatever she wants and never gain a pound, or never has to workout because I am just naturally gorgeous. Sort of a cross between Jessica Alba and Madeline Albright.

But we both know what the reality is.

January 17, 2008 6:49 AM  
Blogger turtleshelly said...

And this brings us around to the "Hotties of Birding" calendar I first thought of back in 1999....oh, the list of people who could be included in that! :-)

January 17, 2008 8:49 AM  
Blogger LauraHinNJ said...

*Hotties of Birding* calendar? Sounds like a great idea... I can think of a few...

;-)

January 17, 2008 10:00 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Denise, in reality, you're so much more (c:

Shelly and Laura, perhaps we can put our heads together and create a calendar as a conservation fundraiser ;)

January 18, 2008 4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home