Top 10 nature moments of 2007
My favorite incidents (not in any particular order):
1. Watching gulls, Black Skimmers and California Least Terns at Bolsa Chica State Beach while "reserving" a fire ring at 6:30 a.m.
2. Taking a digibinned photo of a Barred Owl during the Space Coast Birding & Wildlife Festival in Florida
3. Kayaking during the San Diego Bird Festival
4. Hearing Black Phoebes, Bushtits, Anna's Hummingbirds, American Crows and Cassin's Kingbirds during my neighborhood walks
5. Seeing a huge dragonfly inside a shade structure in Nevada's Black Rock Desert. Where did it find sustenance??
6. Exploring Chicot State Park in Louisiana during the American Birding Association convention. Fabulous spot!
7. Visiting Cape May, N.J., again. It's got nature and more.
8. Perusing Chicago Botanic Garden in early June
9. Feeling Mike Bergin punch my arm after I pointed out a Long-billed Curlew at the Bolsa Chica wetlands
10. Watching the sun rise while at the Cape May hawkwatch platform and helping Clay Taylor get his desired digiscoping shots
OK, I'm going to cheat and add one.
11. Absorbing the delicious beauty that is Green Jays at Laguna Atascosa NWR in south Texas and seeing a baby javelina