Monday, February 04, 2008

Write a bird limerick to win a prize!

Want to win a book? The choices are:
Songbird Journeys by Miyoko Chu
The Singing Life of Birds by Donald Kroodsma
The Birdwatcher's Companion to North American Birdlife by Christopher W. Leahy
Atlas of Bird Migration by Jonathan Elphick

How to win it? Write a limerick with an avian theme before Feb. 7, and make me laugh out loud.

limerick: (n). a nonsense poem of five lines, now often bawdy, usually with the rhyme scheme aabba (the first, second and fifth lines having three stresses, the third and fourth having two).

Looking forward to seeing your limericks in the comments to this post!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

A marvelous bird is the Dipper
He swims underwater like Flipper
Like a little gray Robin
His rear end a-bobbin'
He seems to be feeling quite chipper

February 04, 2008 8:16 PM  
Blogger Eva Matthews said...

Oh how I love the Spotted Sandpiper
Whose white belly in winter is like a diaper
He wags his tail up and down
And knows how to make quite a sound
Bobbing his way along the coast like a wiper


I am one of those bird checkers
Who looks for the Ivory-billed Woodpecker
That Lord God bird
May look absurd
But I'd love to find one on a double-decker

February 05, 2008 6:45 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

An Ill-fated Vagrant

My front door was stuck, so I pushed it.
The bird on the sill--well, I smooshed it.
I went to my guide,
And my mouth opened wide,
For the bird that had died was a Bushtit.

February 05, 2008 5:53 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Tom, you win!

Please send an e-mail to ahooper@bowtieinc.com with your mailing address and choice of book from the four options.

February 08, 2008 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home