Cornell wants to give you money
The call for applications says:
If you are planning an event, you're invited to apply for a grant at www.CelebrateUrbanBirds.org. Organizations working with underserved communities are strongly encouraged to apply. No experience with birds is required.Further details on the website reveal that qualified applicants should plan to:
* participate in a training videoconference
* hold a Celebrate Urban Birds event in 2010
* introduce the public/youth to birds
* collect Celebrate Urban Birds data and inspire others to observe birds and collect data
* distribute Celebrate Urban Birds kits (with posters, seeds for planting, and more)
* integrate the arts
* integrate gardening/habitat creation
* get people outside
* submit a short final report and share pictures with photo releases.
The application deadline is Monday, Feb. 15. Winners will be announced on March 1.