Sunday, October 30, 2005

Autumn Weekend 5

Have you attended The Bird Show during Autumn Weekend? The Cape May Convention Hall fills up with vendors of all types for the three days of the event.

With the WildBird booth next to the entrance and exit doors, I get to greet and bid adieu to everyone who visits the show. It's a fun location that lets me talk to many birders... as well as nonbirders who are curious and walked in off the boardwalk. Naturally, many nonbirders come inside because of the signs about The Raptor Project and the live birds of prey show that Jonathan Wood presents every two hours.

While standing at the WildBird booth for five to seven hours, I get to chat with the nearby vendors, too. This year, The Bird House of Cape May was on my left (as I stood behind the table) and Tom Ahern Bird Sculpture was on my right. Tom's wife, Barb, also carves bird ornaments, and this year, she brought some Ivory-billed Woodpeckers--which sold out before the end of Saturday. Imagine that!

The show closed mid-afternoon, and the convention hall became a flurry of vendors packing up their booths before hitting the road toward home or getting ready for dinner at a local restaurant. I'm already looking forward to next year's Autumn Weekend, and I hope that you'll look for the WildBird booth if you visit The Bird Show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home