Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Kites above

Mother Nature delivered a delightful piece of soul food this morning. On the drive to the office, I saw two White-tailed Kites hover-hunting at the same time. One bird hovered about 6 feet above the other. Their tandem wingbeats mesmerized me.

I'm facing a 14-hour day at the office while on deadline for the January/February 2008 issue. Plugging away at the computers will keep me indoors until the building's alarm activates tonight.

In the meantime, the image of those synchronized hunters will provide some refreshment. Happy Tuesday!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Fourteen hours? ACK!!

November 06, 2007 4:12 PM  
Blogger Mary C said...

Hi Amy. I attended the Monterey Bay Birding Festival back in September. And for the very first time I saw a white-tailed kite hovering in mid-air - much like a hummingbird would. That had to be one of the most fascinating experiences in my life. I would never expect a bird that size to be able to do such a thing, yet it definitely had me mesmerized for quite some time.

November 06, 2007 11:15 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I'm pleased that you got to see that beautiful sight, Mary.

November 07, 2007 8:49 AM  
Blogger dguzman said...

Ugh--don't forget to rest your eyes every once in a while.

November 07, 2007 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home