Friday, November 09, 2007

Rio Grande Valley Birding Festival: Friday

After a day's delay, I finally arrived in Harlingen, Texas, this afternoon. It feels good to be back.

This year marks my third (or fourth?) year at Rio Grande Valley Birding Festival. It's one of the highlights of the WildBird travel schedule. Down here, you get to see so many crazycool birds, like Green Jays, that don't live or visit elsewhere in the U.S.

Plus, you get to eat really tasty, authentic, inexpensive Mexican food. I can't wait to visit Alicia's on North Commerce Street again. Birdchick said we'd eat dinner there on Saturday. Mmmmm.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger dguzman said...

My mom and dad said Alicia's is one of the best places in town, and that's saying something. Eat a bean and guac chalupa for me, will ya?

November 12, 2007 12:20 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I gorged on the "Mexican Plate" -- one taco, one chalupa and one enchilada plus rice and beans. Such goodness.

November 13, 2007 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home